Friday, June 26, 2009

Lakeside Avenue



Now some images fall into your lap by accident... others take patience. The Justice Building on Lakeside Avenue. This took 20 minutes and about 16 similar shots that I discarded, just so I could get the angle and the lighting on the building just right... not to mention timing the stoplights to get them both green...

Totally worth it.

I have to smile, as I was preparing this image for posting, Kendall peaked over my shoulder, and said "wow... you make Cleveland look elegant". I will agree, I think elegant is the right word.

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful and perfect shot. Deb, you are an amazing photographer. :) I am an artist myself and thoroughly enjoy looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree totally and completely.....this shot was totally worth it..and I really appreciate it being brought to my attention. =] you got talent grrrl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I go to Columbia College Chicago.....and I am slowly realizing that it is a piece of shit school. I was wondering if you knew of any credible art schools around the indiana, illiinois, michigan area? get at me grl! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Deb. How much of a geek does it make me that I thought "elegant" second and "Hey, that kinda looks like a shot from the end of Ghostbusters" first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ciassuh, glad your liking stuff so far... sorry if Columbia College isn't a good fit for you... personally I don't know any schools in your area, I am an East Coast girl myself and haven't travelled any farther west then Cleveland.

    One thing I have found is that Community Colleges can be extremely under-rated resources for artists. The one here in Cleveland employs many people in the business as instructors... I have had the privilege of being taught by half the creative staff at American Greeting.... Not to mention you can save some $$$ while researching an Art institute that may be up your ally.

    Matt, I don't think that makes you a geek... obnoxiously observant maybe.

    ReplyDelete