Sunday, June 14, 2009

From France

This is one of my absolute favorite images.



Chartres Cathedral is incredibly beautiful famous for its labyrinth floor and the intricacy of its "flying Buttresses". After climbing the taller north-west tower, I found this amazing view of the buttresses and a stained glass window.




Spring 2002, I spent 3 weeks of my last semester with Hiram traveling through out France with our Art History professor. It seems fitting to start my blog here with some of my favorite Black and whites.

Traveling through-out France brought many great opportunities to photograph classic locations from a different angle. This seemed like the perfect place to begin.

These images were shot on Tri-x 400 of Agfa 100 Black and White film. Then scanned into photoshop to tweak the exposure and contrast.
I love the grain in the images that is achieved from shooting on film... however the advancements in digital are making it more and more obsolete, and I worry that some day we may loose the art of film altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment