Monday, June 29, 2009

Something Different

And now for something Completely different!

This is probably my favorite image from a series I had hoped to complete of close-ups of neon signs. In concept it is quite intriguing... in practice, a giant pain in the a$$...

I spent countless hours seeking out interesting signs in shop windows, driving all over Cleveland... trying to get the perfect angles. I took nearly 200 total shots... I have 2 that I actually like (yeah 2, 1%, it's a little depressing)... I don't think this series is dead in the water yet... but I have put it on a hiatus for a while... with hopes of revisiting this summer.

Let me know what you think... is it worth resurrecting the series? Should I keep trying?


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, don't put the series to bed quite yet. It's a very intriguing concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say keep trying. I never thought about just taking part of a neon sign. It is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete