Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Abstract

By special request: I dug up the originals from the fountain shoot which was the image in my last post. Believe it or not, it is actually quite close to how it was shot. Digital SLRs have the ability to adjust the white balance of the light right on board... I simply changed the setting from [Sunlight] to [Custom] and played with color temperature.... so here are a few originals from the same shoot that I did not play with in photoshop.

Correct light temperature, small aperture, long exposure.


Light temp set all the way to the cool end, gives the image a bluer tone. However, setting the light temp to the other end of the spectrum gives the image an amber tone, like below.



2 comments:

  1. It's always a treat to see how an artist experiments and how these experiments develop into finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice water photos. I am hoping I can take some photography classes sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete