Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Abstract portrait

I love kids... I am biased... I think my nephew is the greatest kid on earth...

He is a true bundle of energy; I set out to try and capture his effervescence...


I love how this came out, not a traditional portrait, because its not about how he looks, it about who he is at that exact moment... a little kid who can't stay still. One of my favorite images... wait I guess so far they are all my favorite images...

I love input, let me know what you think... many of my classmates were very lukewarm to this one... (but I let the pompous artist inside me tell me they didn't know good art... it's conceptual people).

2 comments:

  1. I can sorta see why your classmates were lukewarm because, without knowing your intentions, it could be construed as just a blurry photo of a kid. However, having two little boys of my own, I love pictures where you can see their movement. I have many pictures like that of Jack & Eli and those pictures always tell a very immediate, visceral story. The same goes for the image of your nephew. I particularly like how the motion creates a "halo" effect around him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this pic. I think pictures like this one gives it a unique look. How did you create this pic on purpose?

    ReplyDelete