Friday, November 11, 2011

The Journey

It's not the destination, but the journey that matters.


We've all heard that phrase and it really is true.

Today was a beautiful sunny and 75F kind of day and we decided to head on up to Sadona for some random sightseeing... we did not count on a traffic jam on 17N. After crawling up the highway at an average of 3mph... for 90 minutes... we had had enough and jumped off on the very first exit. We had no idea where we were or where we were going. It didn't matter.

For three hour we basically just tooled around and when we found something we wanted to see, we just pulled over and went for it. Total freedom.

We really didn't get far out of Phoenix at all and eventually ended up at Lake Pleasant Regional Park. I had no idea there was a lake here in the desert. It's made we want to see it from other angles and find Waddel Damn. I hope to go on another one of these random adventures soon. Maybe next week?

We never made it to Sadona. I still want to because I know that it is a stunning place to see... Not to mention that I am dying to photograph there. My only worry is that it's too cliche, that everyone goes there to photograph the place... so we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great adventure.

    Are you anywhere near Jerome? I've always wanted to check out that town because Maynard from the band Tool lives there and runs his own winery called Merkin Vineyards. maybe someday I'll make it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerome is actually not too far from Sedona. Maybe only 90 minutes from where I am. Provided you don't get stuck in a traffic jam on I-17. *snicker* Now I'll have to check it out and report back. *nods*

    ReplyDelete